Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and
is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon
Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues
important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the Communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website, Michigan's VVA State Council Website, or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of
America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - Monday, August 11, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the VVA Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your Application. If you lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a copy
online - DD Form
214. VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 257 Individual Members, and 146 Life VVA as of July 14, 2014.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 73 Individual members and 24 Life AVVA as of July 14, 2014. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning email@example.com or Gary "Bear" Kubik firstname.lastname@example.org, the VFW Lounge Manager for more information concerning hall rental. The phone number is 734-459-6700 .
- Our August Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- New photo taken at Saturday, July 19th's Joy Road Adopt-A-Road Pick-up. Thanks, Rich Whipple - Chairman
- Update Thursday, July 17th - Long time member Ted Enright: Yesterday I visited Ted and he was fully awake.I had a bit of a tough time understanding what he was saying, with both he and I feeling somewhat frustrated. Eventually they gave him a breathing treatment to clear the airways and installed a speaking valve which made things much clearer. Ted is still on a trachea tube as well as a feeding tube. He is eating regularly but only bits at a time. Shelley and Ted's brother were there at much of the same time as I. Although things have come a long way since the accident in May, Ted is not out of the woods yet, as Shelley put it and they just extended him another two weeks in the hospital. I’m sure that is a minimum additional stay to get him fully breathing, eating and exercising. As I was talking to Ted, he would answer a question straight up but then make a comment off topic. The way his brother put it, the doctors have said that his thoughts and memories are all there but may come out not necessarily in what we consider sequence.
If you are considering a visit, plan on a short one, depending on how things are going. However, it may be considerably longer (I was there 1 1/2 hours) if he recognizes you. Shelley said he perks up immensely at times.
Most of all keep Ted in your prayers. - Don Dignan
- Check out additional photos from the Plymouth Independence Day Parade and Barbecue July 4th. Thanks to Patty Bielskis, Dennis Bielskis, Bryan Bentley and Gary "Bear" Kubik for the photos!
- We now have 121 VVA Members and 2 AVVA Members as of June 24, 2014 who have their SERVICE PHOTO placed on our website. Mel "Moe" Swope is the most recent member to have his service photo placed online. Bob Lamoureux and I came up with a solution about what to do with members who have their service photos online but are no longer current members. I will place "Dropped Membership" under each member's name who are no longer a member of Chapter 528.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
Visitors Since March 15, 2007
VVA 528 Monthly Calendar
Contact Us | Our 100 Plus Web Pages
| Site Index |
|Copyright © 2007,
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |