Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and
is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon
Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues
important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the Communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of
America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - Monday, January 12, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
Membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the VVA Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your Application. If you lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a copy
online - DD Form
214. VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 263 Individual Members, and 150 Life VVA as of December 8, 2014.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 77 Individual members and 25 Life AVVA as of December 8, 2014. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke email@example.com for further information.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
2015 Sportsmen's Raffle is now underway at VVA Chapter 528. Check out the Sportsmen's Raffle Web Page, the Addresses for all Events and the Date, Day, Time and Location for December 13th thru March 8th 2015. Raffle will take place on October 11, 2015 at the V.F.W. For more information contact John Spencer Cell-734-716-0619 or Home-734-397-8975.
- Photos taken at Tuesday, December 16th's Ann Arbor VA Hospital. Thanks, Ted for the photos!
- Burger Christmas Carnival took place on Wednesday, December 17, 2014. Check out the Photo with members John Riley, Debby Bradley, Charlie Dochenetz, John Fleming, Gregg Kremkow, Bill Boudreau and Don Dignan. Our members took part in bringing the Christmas spirit to the students at Burger School. Burger is a special school for kids with autism. Our Chapter has taken part in this event for a long time.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing Photos taken at Sam's Club in Canton - Ford Rd on Saturday, December 6, 2014
- Our December Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- We now have 123 VVA Members and 2 AVVA Members as of December 8, 2014 who have their Service Photo placed on our website. Don Petrere is our most recent member to have his service photo placed online and Chapter 528's newest member.
- Washington D.C. trip - April 24th - 27th. $419.00 per person. Contact Bob Dew email@example.com or call 734-968-3267 for more information.
- The Fallen Heroes of Plymouth Web Page has added our sixth Hero - Harry F. Zalesny Jr. from Plymouth, MI. This project was created by Leroy Paige.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
Visitors Since March 15, 2007
VVA 528 Monthly Calendar
Contact Us | Our 100 Plus Web Pages
| Site Index |
|Copyright © 2007,
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |