Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the Communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - Monday, December 14, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, November 24, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
VVA membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your application. If you've lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a Free Copy online.
VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 271 Individual Members, and 181 Life Members as of October 23, 2015.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 76 Individual members and 26 Life AVVA as of October 26, 2015. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke email@example.com for further information.
VVA 528 Travel and Shopping Site Flights, Vacations, Hotels, Cars, Cruises, Packages, Extras, Groups and Shopping. Booking through our site will give our Chapter 60 percent of the commission.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
- Photo of Chapter 528's special presentation for our 25th Anniversary. Six of our past presidents and Chapter President John Spencer were at our November 9th General Membership Meeting. President's included: Ted Enright, Robert Lamoureux, Don Dignan, John Spencer, Gary Estermyer, Ron King and Mike Steffes.
- At our November General Membership Meeting our Marines sang three stanza's of the Marine's Hymn to celebrate their birthday. Check out the Photo taken at our meeting.
- We now have two more members who have their service photo placed on our website - www.vva528.org/members528.html Anthony Fratt and Joseph Tebor. This brings our total number of service photos to 130, as of November 10, 2015. I'm sure most members have a photo of themselves laying around somewhere. When you find your photo you can either mail it to Tom Brown @ 17730 Snow Ave. Dearborn, MI 48124, scan it and send it to: email@example.com as an attached jpg, bring it to our general membership meetings and give it to Tom or drop it off in "Bear’s" Office. Be sure to include your name, branch of service and the year the photo was taken. I will then scan the photo and make it into a jpg image so I can place it on our website and send each photo to Don Petrere who will then place the copied service photo into our display cases. We still need many more members to have their service photo included on our website as well as having their service photo placed in our display cases.
- Our Chapter will be helping out VVA Chapter 310 with our annual visit to Ann Arbor's V.A. Hospital on Tuesday, December 15th. We help to bring Christmas cheer to dozens of vets by visiting them and singing along with Stacey Mason (singer/violinist & former Miss Michigan) and Tom Brown playing his accordion. Please, get there no later than 5:30 pm. For more information contact "Bear".
- Our November 2015 Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- Photos taken at our Trunk or Treat event on Saturday, October 24, 2015. Thanks Patty and Dennis Bielskis for the photos!
- Our 2015 Sportsmen's Raffle Winner's List. Web Page
- Sportsmen's Raffle Winners' Prize PDF List.
- Check out the new photos from Sunday, October 28th's Main Street Auto Wash. Thanks, Dennis Bielskis.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing: Saturday, December 12 from 10 am until 6 pm at Sam's Club on Ford Road in Canton. Check out the sign-up sheet Updated Nov. 11th. Contact John Fleming for questions. 734-838-1232 - Cell- 734-604-0227 or John@FlemingFinancialSvcs.com
- 10th Annual Winter Clothing Drive: Contact John Fleming for questions. 734-838-1232 - Cell- 734-604-0227 or John@FlemingFinancialSvcs.com
- Joy Road Cleanup - Check out the Photo from Saturday, October 10th.
- Gary Esterymyer's State Council Report for October 11, 2015 is now available to read.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
Visitors Since March 15, 2007
VVA 528 Monthly Calendar
|Copyright © 2007,
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |