Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - July 11, 2016 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, June 28, 2016 - 7:00 p.m.
VVA membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your application. If you've lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a Free Copy online.
VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 275 Individual Members with 215 Life Members as of June 13, 2016.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 77 Individual Members with 37 Life Members as of July 13, 2016. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
VVA Members Dale Roesler and Mark Shemanski are our newest members to have their service photo placed on our website. www.vva528.org/members528.html. This brings our total number of service photos to 133, as of March 3, 2016. I'm sure most members have an old service photo of themselves laying around somewhere. When you find your photo you can either mail it to Tom Brown at 17730 Snow Ave. Dearborn, MI 48124, scan it and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org as an attached jpg (digital image), bring it to our general membership meetings and give it to Tom or drop it off in "Bear's" Office. Be sure to include your name, branch of service and the year the photo was taken. The photo will be scanned and made into a jpg and placed on our website. I will also send each photo to Don Petrere who will then place the copied service photo into our display case at the V.F.W. All photos will be returned to the owner.
VVA 528 Travel and Shopping Site Flights, Vacations, Hotels, Cars, Cruises, Packages, Extras, Groups and Shopping. Booking through our site will give our Chapter 60 percent of the commission.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning email@example.com or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Our July 2016 Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- FISH ON FOR FREEDOM We won FIRST PLACE for having the heaviest 3 fish - more than 45 pounds. Jerry Thomason came in 2nd place with having the second heaviest fish - he lost by 0.1 pounds. His fish weighed 17 lbs. We also caught the most fish - 14. Participating members included: Don Dignan, Don McLane, Gene Spurgess, Jerry Thomason and me Tom Brown. Don McLane and Don Dignan both received a special cap during a drawing at the picnic. Our 14 fish probably weighed around 140 pounds. PHOTOS To log in
Check out Fish On For Freedom's Facebook page.
- State Delegate and new Secretary for Michigan State Council Gary Estermyer's June 5, 2016 Report.
- Check out our 2016 Fishing Derby Webpage taken during our 2016 Wayne County Fishing Derby held on Saturday, June 11th. I would like to personally thank the following members who helped out during our derby: Dennis Bielskis, Patty Bielskis, Al Kerbyson, Dale Luebke, Pat Doherty, Pete Glasgow, Doug Fox, Ron King, Mike Dicker, Dean Bell, Frank Gilbo, Gary "Bear" Kubik, and Dennis Waling. - We all had a great time! More Photos of our Fishing Derby taken by Patty Bielskis.
- Photos taken at the Plymouth Memorial Day Parade and Service. Thanks, Dennis Bielskis!
- Cruz'n 528 Presents its weekly car shows starting May 11th from 5PM to 8PM every Wednesday till the end of September. Come join us for good music and great food. Check out the Cruzn' 528 Web Page.
- Veterans Traveling Golf League every Monday. Contact Don Dignan if you are interested.
- Karaoke - 1st and 3rd Friday 8 pm in the Post Lounge.
- Euchre - every Wednesday starting at 7:00 pm.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
|Copyright © March 15,2007 Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |