Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and
is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon
Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues
important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the Communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website, Michigan's VVA State Council Website, or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of
America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - Monday, October 13, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, September 23, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the VVA Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your Application. If you lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a copy
online - DD Form
214. VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 256 Individual Members, and 146 Life VVA as of September 8, 2014.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 78 Individual members and 24 Life AVVA as of September 9, 2014. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke email@example.com for further information.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
- Swing dance class at the VFW Post 6695 taught by Bob and Patti Brothers. Classes on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Cost $6.00 per person per class. Class begins Wednesday October 8, 2014.
- Gene Spurgess Came home from Ludington on September 9th. He is in much pain and went to emergency at Henry Ford West Bloomfield at 3am. Cat scan was not good. He is being treated for colitis.
- Photos from our Joint Picnic. Thanks Patty and Dennis Bielskis!
- Photos taken at this years Car Show 4 Vets. Thanks Patty and Dennis Bielskis!
- Article and Photo from the 59th Annual Fall Festival of Plymouth. Thanks, Dennis Bielskis!
- Photos taken at the Plymouth Fall Festival courtesy of Dennis Waling.
- Wayne County Fishing Derby Saturday, September 27.
- Main Street Auto Wash Sunday, October 5th - Contact Don Dignan for more details
- Our September Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- We now have 121 VVA Members and 2 AVVA Members as of August 21, 2014 who have their SERVICE PHOTO placed on our website. Mel "Moe" Swope is the most recent member to have his service photo placed online.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
Visitors Since March 15, 2007
VVA 528 Monthly Calendar
Contact Us | Our 100 Plus Web Pages
| Site Index |
|Copyright © 2007,
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |