Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - June 13, 2016 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, May 24, 2016 - 7:00 p.m.
VVA membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your application. If you've lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a Free Copy online.
VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 278 Individual Members with 215 Life Members as of May 10, 2016.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 80 Individual Members with 37 Life Members as of May 10, 2016. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
VVA Members Dale Roesler and Mark Shemanski are our newest members to have their service photo placed on our website. www.vva528.org/members528.html. This brings our total number of service photos to 133, as of March 3, 2016. I'm sure most members have an old service photo of themselves laying around somewhere. When you find your photo you can either mail it to Tom Brown at 17730 Snow Ave. Dearborn, MI 48124, scan it and send it to: email@example.com as an attached jpg (digital image), bring it to our general membership meetings and give it to Tom or drop it off in "Bear's" Office. Be sure to include your name, branch of service and the year the photo was taken. The photo will be scanned and made into a jpg and placed on our website. I will also send each photo to Don Petrere who will then place the copied service photo into our display case at the V.F.W. All photos will be returned to the owner.
VVA 528 Travel and Shopping Site Flights, Vacations, Hotels, Cars, Cruises, Packages, Extras, Groups and Shopping. Booking through our site will give our Chapter 60 percent of the commission.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke email@example.com for further information.
- Our June 2016 Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- VVA Chapter 528 Members Of The Year: Chapter Members Of The Year were honored at our May 9th General Membership Meeting. The following members received this special honor and plaque: John Fleming - Chapter Member Of The Year. Dick Waldecker Board Member Of The Year. Dave Henwood AVVA Member Of The Year. Check out the photos on our Web Page. Congratulations to all!
- Chapter 528 Delegate to Michigan State Council, Gary Estermyer's April 17, 2016 Report is now available on our State Council News Page.
- Cruz'n 528 Presents its weekly car shows starting May 11th from 5PM to 8PM every Wednesday till the end of September. Come join us for good music and great food. Check out the Cruzn' 528 Web Page.
- FISH ON FOR FREEDOM A fun, free day of fishing for Military Veterans
June 24, 2016. Ludington, Michigan is sponsoring a full day fishing event for military veterans. Our Chapter 528 recently donated for this special event. One can register by phone - 1-800-309-6507 or register on their website - FishonForFreedom - www.fishonforfreedom.com. Check out their Flyer. For more information contact Gene Spurgess or Tom Brown.
- Wayne County & VVA Chapter 528 is once again sponsoring the 21st Annual Wayne County Fishing Derby on Saturday, June 11, 2016 at Waterford Bend Park on Hines Drive - located on the corner of Six Mile and Northville Roads in Northville, MI. We need many members to help volunteer to make this event special for kids 12 and under. Please, check out our Fishing Derby Page to check out photos taken at many of our past fishing derbies - or check the Fishing Derby Flyer for the 2016 Fishing Derby. I'll will bring a sign-up sheet at our March, April and May General Membership Meetings. For additional information please contact Tom Brown (313-336-0192), Dean Bell or Gary "Bear" Kubick.
- Veterans Traveling Golf League every Monday. Contact Don Dignan if you are interested.
- Karaoke - 1st and 3rd Friday 8 pm in the Post Lounge.
- Euchre - every Wednesday starting at 7:00 pm.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
|Copyright © March 15,2007 Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |