Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the Communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - Monday, June 8, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, May 26, 2015 - 7:00 p.m.
VVA membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your application. If you lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a copy
online - DD Form
214. VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 265 Individual Members, and 155 Life Members as of May 12, 2015.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 78 Individual members and 25 Life AVVA as of May 12, 2015. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke email@example.com for further information.
2015 Sportsmen's Raffle is now underway at VVA Chapter 528. Check out the Sportsmen's Raffle Web Page, the Addresses for all Events and the Date, Day, Time and Location for May 2, 2015 to August 16. One additional Events Location has been added - Saline 5055 Saline-Ann Arbor Rds - Saline, MI. Here's an Updated Signup Sheet List as of June 2, 2015. Sportsmen's Raffle will take place on October 11, 2015 at the V.F.W. For more information contact John Spencer Cell-734-716-0619 or Home-734-397-8975.
Starting May 13th from 5pm - 8pm every Wednesday till the end of September. Check out the Flyer.
VVA 528 Travel and Shopping Site Flights, Vacations, Hotels, Cars, Cruises, Packages, Extras, Groups and Shopping. Booking through our site will give our Chapter 60 percent of the commission.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
The National VVA will conduct its election of all National Officer and Board positions during the 17th National Convention to be held July 21-25, 2015, in Springfield, Illinois. Our elected Delegates include: Frank Barkovich, Dennis Bielskis, Gary Estermyer, Jim Hodgson, Ron King and John Spencer. Use this Link to download forms for representatives to fill and to make reservations.
- Our June 2015 Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- Plymouth Memorial Day Parade and Ceremony May 25, 2015 - Photos
- Please, go to our Chapter By-Laws, Forms and Letters Page. Our By-Laws, Finance Policy Letter, Travel Policy Letter, Donation Request Form, Donation Request Policy Letter, Motion Request Form, Fundraiser Proposal Form, Fundraiser Policy Letter, Funeral Policy Letter, Member Relief Fund Policy Letter, Election Policy Letter and Disciplinary Action Policy Letter. All have been voted on and passed during our May 11, 2015 General Membership Meeting.
- Check out the photo taken in Springfield, Illinois during the Region 5 Convention/Meeting. Dennis Waling took the photo of President John Spencer and State Rep Gary Estermyer by a statue of Lincoln.
- Veterans Night at Comerica Park - Wednesday, July 22, 2015. If you want to attend, please contact Bob Dew 1-734-968-3267 or email@example.com ASAP.
- VVA Chapter 528 Washington D.C. Trip April 24 - April 27, 2015. Check out some of our photos of this trip. More photos might be included later.
- Our Chapters first Joy Road - Adopt-a-Road Pickup took place on Saturday, April 25th. Check out our new photo from the Adopt-A-Road Pick-up Web Page.
- Wayne County Fishing Derby 8:00 AM till 10:00 AM for Saturday, June 13, 2015. Check out the Flyer and our Fishing Derby Web Page.
- We now have 124 VVA Members and 2 AVVA Members as of May 26, 2015 who have their Service Photo placed on our website. Bill Petrere is our most recent member to have his service photo placed online.
- The Fallen Heroes of Plymouth Web Page has added our sixth Hero - Harry F. Zalesny Jr. from Plymouth, MI. This project was created by Leroy Paige.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
- VA Choice Card
- Google Sheets Test
Visitors Since March 15, 2007
VVA 528 Monthly Calendar
Contact Us | Our 100 Plus Web Pages
| Site Index |
|Copyright © 2007,
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |