Welcome to the Plymouth-Canton, MI Chapter of the
Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA)! The Vietnam Veterans of America was founded in 1978 and
is the only National Vietnam Veterans Organization congressionally chartered and
exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-Era Veterans and their families. Our founding
principle is "Never Again Will One Generation Of Veterans Abandon
Another." VVA's goals are "To promote and support the full range of issues
important to Vietnam-Era Veterans, to create a new identity for this generation of
veterans, and to change public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans." Our Chapter activities
benefit the Communities of Plymouth and Canton Michigan as well as Wayne County and these activities help to create a positive public perception of Vietnam-Era Veterans. Visit the National VVA Website, Michigan's VVA State Council Website, or the
National AVVA (Associates of Vietnam Veterans of
America) Website when you have a chance.
We meet on the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM at the Plymouth VFW Hall on 1426
Mill St. in Plymouth, Michigan (five hundred feet North of Ann Arbor Road). To help you
find our location check out Yahoo's Online Map of our location. General Membership
Meetings are open to the public - "Come on in!".
General Membership Meeting - Monday, December 8, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Board Meeting - Tuesday, November 25, 2014 - 7:00 p.m.
Membership is open to U.S. armed forces veterans who served on active duty (for other than training purposes) in the Republic of Vietnam between February 28, 1961 and May 22, 1975, or in any duty location between August 5, 1964 and May 7, 1975. This is the VVA Membership Application Form. Include a copy of your DD
Form 214 with your Application. If you lost your DD Form 214, you can obtain a copy
online - DD Form
214. VVA Chapter 528's current membership stands at 262 Individual Members, and 149 Life VVA as of November 14, 2014.
The Associate Membership (AVVA) is open to anybody who wants to
participate. Our AVVA membership currently stands at 77 Individual members and 25 Life AVVA as of November 14, 2014. This is the Application Form to join our AVVA.
Chapter 528 has a "Dog Tag" machine to make Dog Tags. One may have any name or message stamped on it. Simply download and print this
Dog Tag Form and mail the form to our V.F.W. or drop it off at the V.F.W. One may also contact Dale Luebke email@example.com for further information.
The VFW Hall is available to rent. Contact Bill Browning firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-306-6034. Our hall cost $350.00 for 4 hours plus deposit and bar tender.
2015 Sportsman's Raffle is now underway at VVA Chapter 528. Check out the Flyer located on our Sportsman's Raffle Web Page. Raffle will take place on October 11, 2015 at the V.F.W. For more information contact John Spencer Cell-734-716-0619 or Home-734-397-8975. Sign-up for Sportsmen's Selling Events.
We now have 122 VVA Members and 2 AVVA Members as of November 15, 2014 who have their Service Photo placed on our website. William Kren is our most recent member to have his service photo placed online and Chapter 528's newest member.
- Salvation Army Bell Ringing Saturday, December 6 from 10 am until 8 pm at Sam's Club on Ford Road in Canton. The Sign-up Sheet. For more information contact John Fleming at 734-604-0227 or email@example.com.
- Tuesday, December 16, our chapter will be visiting Ann Arbor VA Hospital. This is an yearly event that we share with VVA Chapter 313. More info coming!
- Trunk n' Treat Photos. Dennis and Patty Bielskis' photos of October 26, 2014 event at the Post.
- Our November Homefront Newsletter is now available on our Newsletter Web Page.
- Agent Orange talking points. Important information concerning Agent Orange - info from National VVA - thanks, Bob Dew!
- Michigan State Council Report - Representative Gary Estermyer's October 19th Report.
- 9th Annual Winter Clothing Drive. Check John Fleming will be placing a box in the lounge after Thanksgiving. We gather the clothing at the Post and the First United Methodist Church of Garden City up until December 14. For more information contact John Fleming at 734-604-0227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Burger Christmas Carnival. Details will be coming soon. Contact John Fleming at 734-604-0227 or email@example.com.
- The Fallen Heroes of Plymouth Web Page has added our sixth Hero - Harry F. Zalesny Jr. from Plymouth, MI. This project was created by Leroy Paige.
- Swing dance class at the VFW Post 6695 taught by Bob and Patti Brothers. Classes on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month. Cost $6.00 per person per class. Class begins Wednesday October 8, 2014.
- Great List of names and phone numbers for our members and family. Michigan Veterans Service Officers - Courtesy of Steve Olsen.
Visitors Since March 15, 2007
VVA 528 Monthly Calendar
Contact Us | Our 100 Plus Web Pages
| Site Index |
|Copyright © 2007,
Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 528. All rights reserved. |